Together, we are connected by things we do and love...


FeeQ. Is Wicca or Witchcraft a religion?
A. Wicca is a legally recognized religion in the United States,as declared in 1985, Dettmer V. Landon (617 E Supp.529), the District Court of Virginia pursuant to rule 52a of the Rules of Civil procedure. Reaffirmed in 1986 in the Federal Appeals Court, Fourth Circuit, Butzner J. (592 F. 2d. 934). Henceforth, Witchcraft and Witches are protected under the United States Constitution (Amendment I;XIV).

Witchcraft is just that, it is a craft, not a religion.

Q. Does one have to renounce ones' religion to practice Witchcraft Magick?
A. No. Witches believe that there are many paths to follow. Each one has the right to choose theirs.

Q. Are male witches called "warlocks?"
A. No. "Warlock" comes from an old Scottish word waerloga which means "oath-breaker." It's actually an insult. That being said, however, there are many who prefer to be called a warlock and they have that right to choose.

Q. What is the threefold law?
A. It’s kinda like Karma. Whatever you do or give, comes back to you, times ten.

Q. How can I become ordained as  minister or even get a different title other than Reverend; Priest/ess?

A. Witchingtime will and can legally ordain you for FREE! I am an ordained minister through the ULC since 2006. You can apply for and will receive an Ordination Certificate in your e-mail box, which you should print for proof of your ordination status. Be sure to check with your local government specification as to what documentation may be required to perform certain services, such as weddings.

Feel free to contact me anytime for information or questions you may have. If you are interested in becoming an ordained minister, contact me by e-mail and I will attach an application to your e-mail that you can fill out. There is no fee for this service.

Q. Many wonder if Pagan or Wiccan degrees are legal?

A. Many times we are asked if Pagan or Wiccan degrees are legal;  the answer is yes. However, degree-granting authority is different from accreditation. Such licensing by the state ensures that a school has met at least minimum requirements for the degree being offered, and allows for the professional oversight of a state higher education commission. Most states, however, exempt religious or theological training from licensing.

     The State of South Carolina Commission on Higher Education has granted this exemption to Cherry Hill Seminary.

    In Florida, a religious exempt-school has to include "a religious modifier or the name of a religious patriarch, saint, person, or symbol of the church" in the name of the institution, and the institution has to only offer "educational programs that prepare students for religious vocations as ministers, professionals, or laypersons in the categories of ministry, counseling, theology, education, administration, music, fine arts, media communications, or social work" and "each degree title must include a religious modifier that immediately precedes, or is included within, any of the following degrees: Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy, and Doctor of Education".

   While there are accredited religious colleges and seminaries, religious colleges operate under different laws, the term for this is "religious exemption". With religious exemption a school legally does not have to be accredited but religious exemption laws vary from state to state. In 28 states religious exemption is legal (Florida, California, Maine and others) but there are certain requirements to be exempt while in 22 states religious exemption is not allowed and accreditation is required despite being a religious school (Michigan, Montana, Illinois and so on).

   Are seminary degrees legal? Absolutely! The Seminary degree programs are registered with and meet the requirements of the State of California's Bureau for Private Post secondary and Vocational Education and operates under the CALIFORNIA EDUCATION CODE ?94739 (B)(6). Their department has temporarily been shut down, but we still meet the requirements, so our degrees are all legal. We are under the religious exemption clause. (ULC Seminary)

    Jefferson wrote, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Q. So this makes many wonder if Pagan ordinations online are legal?
A. Yes, getting an 'online' ordination is legal. As an 'online' ordained minister, you can legally officiate at anyone's wedding ceremony and/or you can make weddings, funerals, baptisms, house blessings, etc. your business. Just remember that 'online' does not mean your are ordained 'online' but it means that instead of receiving regular snail mail as was done in prior years, your training and certificate can be gotten 'online'. Always check with your local government for requirements in your area.

Please Note: If you are considering becoming a wedding minister, I would seriously apply to your state as a notary public. Most states accept a notorized wedding as legal, however, check with your state and local laws first. You marry them as a minister and then you notarize with witnesses available the certificate. It will make the couple feel more secure and you as the minister, also.

Updated: 31 Jan., 2019

FA Q 's...